Hi everyone! I am betting almost none of you will read this post until after the fact, because of it being a holiday weekend and all. I hope you all have special times with your family – and don’t forget to take at least a moment to think about all of those that have given their lives for our freedom.
I’ll be honest, I haven’t planned our meals out at all for the week. Sooooo instead I thought I’d share some of our favorite things to grill, since grilling season is in full swing!
• Burgers – we mix Worcestershire sauce in with the meat to add great flavor. I like to top burgers with blue cheese and bacon, or avocado slices. Sauteed onions are another great burger topper!
• Chicken – we have some Kick’n Chicken seasoning that we absolutely LOVE! We also use fajita seasoning quite a bit, because Tex-Mex is a regular in our house.
• Steak – we don’t do this as often, and are still trying to figure out what cuts we like best for grilling. Any advice?
• Garlic – have you ever tried this? Brian’s dad showed us and we love it. You just put some peeled garlic cloves in foil with a little bit of oil, then cook it on indirect heat. The garlic ends up so soft that you can spread it – it’s great on potatoes, burgers, bread, or even by itself.
• Corn – I hate corn, but Brian loves to grill it. Just make sure you soak the husks so they don’t burn!
What’s your favorite thing to grill?