I got the opportunity to shoot a short cooking segment for our local news that will air today, so I decided it’s only appropriate for me to put up a food-related post to commemorate the occasion. :)
I chose something really simple and family-friendly to share for the segment – I think it’s especially appropriate since school is starting and easy breakfast options will become even more valuable! We call them breakfast cupcakes, and the boys really like them. We actually had them for dinner last night and J said, “Are these dinner or dessert?” Here’s the recipe if you’d like to try making them too.
- 12 biscuit dough rounds
- 6 eggs, scrambled & slightly runny
- Bacon or sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Cheddar cheese
- Optional: Parsley & Salsa
- Press each biscuit dough round into a cup of a muffin tin, spreading the dough up around the sides of each cup.
- Place 1 tablespoon of bacon or sausage into each biscuit (you could substitute with other proteins, or even use bell peppers, etc.)
- Top each biscuit with scrambled eggs, filling until the top is level.
- Bake according to directions on the biscuit dough container; 5 minutes prior to removing the muffin tin from the oven, sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of each one.
- Optional: Put parsley “sprinkles” or salsa “icing” on top according to people’s preferences.
And in the spirit of all things food, here are links to a few of my favorite recipes I’ve shared. I hope you’ll give one or two a try and let me know what you think!
- Mississippi Mud Sandwich Cookies (my entry into the Better Homes & Gardens State Cookie Contest!)
- Eggless Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (you can eat the dough – I think that’s my favorite part!)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Have a great day – and eat well!