Wow, it’s been a couple of days since I’ve posted! In case you’ve wondered where I’ve disappeared to, it’s off into the depths of prepping our house to sell it – which is not fun, I’ve learned, even before actually listing it. It’s been a lot of work getting it ready.
The bulk of our work has been in the master bathroom. It was in a STATE when we bought it, complete with:
- CARPET. Why, people, why?
- Peeling floral wallpaper.
- Rusted sink.
- Vanity falling apart, painted white but with dusty rose pink spots showing through various scratches.
- OLD toilet that shall not be discussed any further. Yes, it was gross.
- NO outlet, aside from one on the light fixture up high above the mirror held with clips to the wall.
Now that we’re done with it, we’ve put in:
- Travertine floors – love them!
- New free-standing vanity with granite counter & undermounted sink.
- Wall outlet near vanity.
- New light fixture.
- Painted walls and new wainscoting.
- New toilet.
- Crown molding.
- New shelf and towel racks.
I painted, but Brian did the bulk of the work. I am really happy with how it turned out (and thankful for a handy husband)!
A while back we redid our hall bath, too. It was (yeehaw) Texas themed, and also had carpet. Brian installed a slate floor and backsplash, new counter, hardware, and new sink. And we definitely painted over the navy walls.
I’m also proud of what we’ve done to the outside of the house – when we bought it the trim didn’t match the garage doors and it drove me nuts. I think a fresh coat (well, 3-5 coats) of white paint and some black shutters made a nice update, don’t you? We also removed some chunky forest green house numbers from the garage (photoshopped out of the picture below) and added a more modern take with brushed nickel numbers on a red board that matches the red of our front door.
So anyway, there’s my excuse for being MIA lately, and for – yet again – falling behind with my daily photos! We still have a few projects left to do – it’ll be time to hit up the home improvement stores again! I even found a 10% off + free shipping coupon from Home Depot. Gotta love saving money! Once our projects are done, it’ll just be a matter of maintaining a clean house. That is sure to be a breeze with two little boys, right?