I think a baby carrier is a must-have for most moms. It’s something that makes carrying your child easy and allows you to have your hands free, and you don’t have to worry about trying to maneuver through tight spaces or busy crowds like you would if you were using a stroller. Carriers are also compact and easy to bring along with you wherever you go.
I have to admit, I hadn’t heard of the Boba carrier when either of our boys were little – but now that we have one and have gotten to try it out, I am in love and wish we’d known about it sooner! I wrote about the differences between the carrier and the wrap in a post the other day (there’s a giveaway, too – you should check it out) but in this post I’ll focus on the carrier, since that’s what we got to try.
The 3G can carry babies 7 lbs. + all the way up to kids 45 lbs. I typically think of carriers for infants, like this:
But this carrier is versatile – you can wear it on your front or back (either way, your child will always face toward you). And since our newest addition isn’t joining us until September, Brian tried our carrier out with the boys. It was a hit!
Brian said it was completely comfortable carrying both of the boys (C is about 35 pounds and J is 37). With J we decided to try out one of the features of the 3G – optional foot straps. These made it more comfortable for both J and Brian, and Boba’s site says, “The added foot straps feature alleviates the uncomfortable feeling of fabric digging into the back of your toddler’s hamstrings. It gives tired legs a place to rest and at the same time acts to support the legs in the physiological flexed abducted position (froglike position) which in turn naturally tilts the pelvis and aligns the spine.”
Some of the other features of the 3G are (with a few points of commentary from me):
- 100% Cotton
- Front and back carry options
- Removable sleeping hood (LOVE this – any parent who’s had to shield their baby from the sun will agree)
- Adjustable sleeping hood, adjusting in length to fit growing babies
- Zipper pouch may be used to store your hood when not in use
- Comfortably fits heights 5’0” – 6’3”
- Waistband range: 25” – 58”
- Additional adjustments for easier fit & breastfeeding
- Patent-pending removable foot straps (great for older kids)
- Elastic bands neatly roll up straps
- Shoulder strap holders keep purses and diaper bags in place (seriously, this is AWESOME – no more worrying about your purse falling off your shoulder. You can also use this to hold keys, etc.)
- Easily adjustable chest strap
- Uniquely designed to “hug” your child
- Converts to an infant carrier without an insert (no more extra $$)
- Extra head support adjustments for infants
- Body of carrier rises 2-3” higher than other brands
- Multiple pockets for on-the-go storage (a necessity!)
- High quality military grade buckles
I can’t say enough good things about this carrier. I’ve heard from many others who’ve used it that it’s a favorite, so it makes me feel like this will be something we get a ton of use out of with this baby. And, ok, I’ve got to say it – isn’t the fabric pattern on ours gorgeous? It makes me love the carrier even more (and Brian has agreed that the print isn’t too girly).
Note: I received a Boba 3G carrier to review and am helping host a giveaway for the Boba Carrier and two Boba wraps. I was not compensated monetarily for this post. Any opinions are honest and are my own.