When babies are first born, they’re near you virtually all of the time. When my first son was born, it was really easy to hold him all the time because there were no distractions around! When our second son was born, we quickly realized it was a different ball game. I needed to be able to attend to our older son AND hold C, which was sometimes pretty impossible. And now that our daughter’s due date is right around the corner, the importance of having a great carrier is pretty pressing!
I asked around in all my mom circles for which carrier I should get, and the resounding answer was almost always the Ergobaby. The Ergobaby carrier is designed to be as comfortable for you as it is for your baby. It distributes your baby’s weight evenly across your hips and shoulders so you can enjoy being close to your baby while having your hands free. It can be worn in the front, back or hip position, and supports babies up to 45 lbs., and infants 7-12 lbs. with the use of the Infant Insert. In the past you would purchase the carrier and the insert separately, but now Ergobaby has packaged the two together in the appropriately-named Bundle of Joy, available in four colors:
We got to review the set and went with the Galaxy Grey, although I would’ve been happy with any of the four – I like that they’re all nice and neutral.We apparently picked the “right” color, though – the boys love the stars on it.
My friend Amanda tried it out and modeled for a picture with her sweet daughter Rea:
And of course I took photos of all the features for you to see for yourself. I can definitely see why this carrier is rated as one of the best among moms! Here are some of the aspects I love:
• Padded straps. These are incredibly comfortable to wear.
• Zippered pouch on the front – perfect for keys, cell phone, or a few other essentials while you’re out.
• The Infant Insert – of course, this is the key factor of the Bundle of Joy set. I love the coordinating fabric and the fact that it’ll allow us to wear the baby and keep her cozy right from the start (7 lbs. +).
• Back and waist clips – it’s great to have both of these both for easier wear and for security.
• Built-in hood. Whether you’re shading your baby from the sun or from the wind, this is a great feature to have (and it tucks neatly away in a provided pocket when you’re not using it).
• Quality of fabrics. This is sturdy, yet soft, material – and the embroidered stars are really well-done! I love that they offer organic fabrics as well.
I know we will use our Ergobaby a ton and am already looking forward to having it for the cooler months! Would you love to have an Ergobaby? Well you can purchase their Bundle of Joy (or any of their other great products) here and you can enter to win one here and now!
One winner will get to pick their choice of Bundle of Joy sets! This contest is open to all U.S. residents aged 18+. Entries will be accepted until the end of the day (midnight Central) Monday, August 27. By entering this giveaway you agree to the Official Rules.
Note: I received an Ergobaby Bundle of Joy to review and one is being provided for the giveaway. I was not compensated monetarily for this post. All opinions are honest and are my own.