May is National BBQ month – and here in Texas we sure do love our BBQ. I grew up eating mostly beef brisket, but my husband and his family love pork, and I’m finally coming around to appreciate a broader range of barbecue. :)
Tony Roma’s was kind enough to provide this recipe for me to share with you all – it’s a flavorful alternative to your typical BBQ sandwich. Enjoy! (And don’t forget to check out this recipe for sweet & spicy pulled pork tacos, too!)
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 hour
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 hamburger buns
- 2 poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters
- 8 slices of Havarti cheese
- 2 pkgs. (4 cups) Tony Roma’s Sweet Hickory Pulled Pork
- Preheat grill to medium-high, about 400°-450°F, and lightly oil the grate.
- Heat Tony Roma’s Pulled Pork as per package instructions while waiting for grill to heat up.
- Grill peppers and onions for 4-5 minutes per side until lightly charred and tender.
- Spread butter over cut sides of hamburger buns. Place buns on grill, butter side down. Grill under buns are golden brown, about 10 seconds.
- Add ½ cup pulled pork to bottom side of each toasted bun, top with peppers, onions and slice of Havarti cheese.