Note: My contributor received a Rowenta iron to facilitate this review. All opinions are honest and are her own.
My contributor, Debbie, is the owner of Charlie’s Stitches embroidery. You can see examples of her beautiful work here.
Because of the nature of her craft, Debbie does an awful lot of ironing. I knew she’d be the perfect person to test out Rowenta’s SteamCare iron.
Here are a few facts about it the iron:
- One Smart Temperature automatically adjusts the iron’s heat settings to remove wrinkles from any fabric, no manual adjustment required
- Microsteam350 Soleplate has 350 fully-activated Microsteam holes that deliver optimal steam distribution, and 1600 watts of steam power can be channeled through the iron’s auto-steam, steam burst, or fine mist spray settings
- Built-in Anti-Calcium system removes impurities, better for clothes and the lifespan of the iron
- Tri-Plate Technology ensures 100% safe and efficient ironing even on the most delicate fabrics like silk and cashmere without the risk of shine or burn
- Auto shutoff after 8 minutes if left vertical, after 30 seconds if left horizontal or tipped over
- Precision tip reaches difficult areas
- Vertical steam removes wrinkles from hanging garments and drapes
Debbie said she was very impressed with the iron. She mentioned that most irons just have steam holes around the edge, but she loved how the Rowenta has steam holes across the whole surface of the iron. She also loved the precision tip for things like reaching between buttons on shirts. Debbie tried it on both a shirt and on one of her embroidery pieces – see how quickly wrinkles are removed in the videos below: