Of course, we also have an added appreciation for the game because we know its creator, Gregg Lewis-Qualls. We know how much research and work went into giving the game its level of quality (spoiler alert: a LOT!).
Here’s what’s included (this may expand based on how much the project exceeds its goal by:
- A Set of 24 Vehicles & matching dashboards (12 double-sided cards, each) +Exclusives!
- 1 Deck of 15 Maneuver Cards
- 1 Range Ruler
- 1 Large Format Rules Reference Sheet + 2 Reference Cards
- Resource Tokens for 8 players
- 1 Initiative Tracker + Enough Vanity plate tokens & Gear Shifter Cards for 8 Players
- 12 Terrain Tiles (for constructing scenarios & your own warzones) with four included scenarios cards
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 set of 4 Camo Green dice (D6, D8, D10, D12)
Teachable in minutes, Outrider sets up fast and plays fast, while retaining a high level of customizable detail. Using a unique blend of dice, card, point allocation and press-your-luck mechanics, Outrider has creates a fun, engaging balance of tactics and risk. Outrider has attracted gamers from all walks of life. Hardcore wargamers, casual (gateway) gamers and kids of all ages are caught by its approachable mechanics and visual ‘curb appeal.’
Designed with scalability in mind, Outrider supports 2-8 players, right out of the box. Game types can range from quick free-for-alls, using just the base deck at the coffee shop or they can be scenario-based, team games played with terrain and miniatures (in the form of 64th scale diecast cars).
You can bring in your own obstacles and vehicles (give all those Hot Wheels new life!) and play virtually anywhere, customizing the game to your liking.
Here’s an video explaining the setup:
If you’re looking for a really fun and different gift idea, consider backing this Kickstarter for someone! Brian’s dad gave him a Kickstarter gift one year and it was really fun following the project progress and then receiving the item.