I received two complimentary tickets to see STOMP. I was not compensated monetarily for my post. All opinions are honest and are my own.
If you’ve never heard of STOMP, it’s a percussion group – but that alone doesn’t even begin to convey the fun and unique performance you’ll get when you see them live. STOMP uses the body and ordinary objects in a unique combination of percussion, movement and visual comedy.
I’ve seen STOMP once before years ago and I remember what a great experience it was, so I’m really pumped to take my kids to see it. I love the creativity and the energy in the shows!
STOMP used to be one of those shows you only saw in the UK or in New York, but now there’s a show that tours all over the country – even to smaller cities you might not normally think of like Amarillo and Abilene in Texas.
There are two upcoming shows this month and if you live in the surrounding areas it’s not too late to get your tickets! Click here for Amarillo (November 14-15) and here for Abilene (November 16). (While you’re there, check out some other fun upcoming shows through Celebrity Attractions – there are some great Christmas ones coming!)
Here are some fun facts about STOMP:
- STOMP has performed in over 350 cities in 36 countries worldwide.
- STOMP’s New York City production celebrated its 15th year at the Orpheum Theatre in February of 2009, which makes it one of the longest-running shows in Off-Broadway history.
- STOMP is the most financially successful Off-Broadway show in history.
- The North American Tour has been running since 1995.
- There are two STOMP troupes in Europe – a sit-down in London and a tour.
- International engagements have included Korea, Brazil, Japan, Chile, China, South Africa, The Acropolis in Athens, Greece, and Australia.
It’s really a great show for the whole family, and it’s something that will get your kids excited about music & percussion in particular. Go order your tickets today!