I wrote yesterday about a pulled pork slider recipe, and today I’m bringing you a recipe perfect for my love of TexMex – sweet & spicy pulled pork tacos. Thanks to Tony Roma’s for providing this recipe to share with y’all today! I hope you enjoy having a new meal to add to your summer rotation.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) of Tony Roma’s Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 slices peeled fresh pineapple, cut about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small poblano pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 juicy lime
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat grill to medium-high, about 400°-450°F, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill pineapple, peppers and onions for 4-5 minutes per side until lightly charred and tender.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Heat Tony Roma’s Pulled Pork as per package instructions while waiting to cool.
- Dice the grilled pineapple, peppers and onions and place in a medium bowl.
- Add chopped jalapeno and cilantro. Season with a big squeeze of fresh lime juice and olive oil.
- Season salsa with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Place desired amount of heated meat in each tortilla.
- Top with grilled pineapple salsa, lettuce and cheese.