WordPress database error: [Table './quadium_wrdp27/wp_postmeta' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (101,24) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
We eat chicken a lot in our house, mainly because I’m the one who plans our meals. We have beef probably once a week (sometimes less) but never fish. I hate seafood, and I know I need to work on that if I’m wanting to encourage the boys to eat well! Any recommendations for seafood options I might be able to tolerate? I don’t want anything even remotely fishy tasting. (Nooooo, I’m not picky at all…)
I wasn’t too creative with this week’s menu plan – but I do have two recipes to share with you for things we really love – buffalo chicken pizza and homemade guacamole.
Monday: Grilled chicken salad with cucumber & carrots – it’s a Monday, what can I say? I wanted something easy!
Tuesday: Buffalo chicken pizza with carrots & celery – When we get wings at one of our favorite places, they serve raw veggies with them, so I think it’s a good fit to have with this pizza. Here’s the recipe so you can give it a try! It is a little spicy, so try it at your own risk, haha!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
• Wing sauce
• 1 & 1/2 cups stewed chicken, shredded
• Blue cheese dressing
• Blue cheese crumbles
• Shredded mozzarella
1. Spread the pizza crust on a stone or baking sheet. Spread blue cheese dressing on the crust; I use about 3-4 tablespoons when I make it, but you can use more or less depending on your taste. Just make sure you use enough to cover all areas of the crust with a thin coating.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the chicken with wing sauce. I have to admit I never measure this; I’d guess I use about 1/3 cup. I just add a little at a time until the chicken seems well-coated. You do not want the mixture to seem soupy. If it does, drain a little of the sauce away.
3. Spread the chicken mixture across the crust. Top with mozzarella and blue cheese crumbles. Bake at 425 degrees for 16-20 minutes. SUCH an easy recipe!
Wednesday: Taco night!
Thursday: Chicken quesadillas with guacamole. We started making our own guacamole after a trip to San Antonio a few years back. We ate at a restaurant that made it fresh at the table – we really loved it and tried to replicate it when we got back home. Over the years Brian has taken on the role of making the guacamole and has gotten the recipe to a point where we think it’s pretty perfect. Here’s the recipe – you’ll notice there are a couple of optional ingredients; you might find something else you like to add. If you make this and find any additions to it that work really well, let me know!
• 4 medium avocados (press them to make sure they’re not too firm)
• 2 medium limes
• Fresh cilantro
• Salsa/picante sauce (We use El Fenix brand picante sauce, which apparently people love)
• Rotel diced tomatoes with cilantro & lime juice
• Optional: Red onion, diced finely; Minced jalapenos
1. Peel avocados and remove the pits; mash the avocados with a potato masher until they’re the consistency you prefer.
2. Mix in about 1/4 cup of salsa, 1/3 cup of the Rotel tomatoes, and lime juice. We always get two limes just to make sure we have enough juice, but we add a little at a time and taste along the way to make sure the citrus flavor isn’t too overpowering.
3. If you prefer, add red onion and jalapenos to the guacamole. If Brian’s making it, he adds these ingredients. If I am, I don’t.
4. Add salt to taste. Enjoy!
Friday & Saturday: We’ll be with family & I’m not sure what the dinner plans will be, so I’m only planning four meals for this week.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!