WordPress database error: [Table './quadium_wrdp27/wp_postmeta' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (101) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
We had a really good weekend! We spent a lot of time at home, which was just what we needed. Saturday included tent-building under the dining room table – just the start of many, probably more elaborate, tents to come. Oh, and I made that Chicken Taco Grande recipe I included last week. We loooooved it and are definitely adding it to our rotation. :) Yesterday afternoon Brian and I did some cooking together, which is always a lot of fun for us. We made gnocchi, and Brian made a really good prosciutto and garlic sauce (we finally found it in a random spot at HEB). We also made homemade ice cream – we followed a cookies and cream recipe but used mint Oreos instead. Soooo good! Anyway, enough about yesterday’s food – here’s what we’re eating this week:
Monday: Tonight we’re having chicken stir fry with carrots, onions, broccoli, and brown rice. We usually season our stir fry on a whim – sometimes with Chinese 5 Spice, sometimes with Teriyaki sauce, and sometimes with a random assortment of seasonings. It’s fun finding new flavor combinations!
Tuesday: I think we might be shaking things up a bit this week – we’re thinking about going to Jason’s Deli for their free kids’ meals, instead of our normal Chick-Fil-A. Jason’s Deli is another place we really enjoy eating as a family, but it’s a little pricey for us so we don’t eat there that often. Free kids’ meals sure would help keep the cost down, though!
Wednesday: I’m making Chicken Taco Soup – it’s a slow-cooker recipe that we just love, and I figured by the middle of the week I’ll be tired and will really appreciate having dinner almost ready for me when I get home from work.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 12 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Place onion, beans, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and Rotel into your slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken (uncooked) on top of the mixture, making sure it’s covered by the other ingredients.
- Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for at least 5 hours. I start ours in the morning before leaving for work and it ends up cooking for about 8 hours, and it does just fine.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken, then stir to mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Right before serving, mix sour cream in – or you can serve a dollop on top, along with shredded cheese and crumbled tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Thursday: Leftover soup – the recipe makes a lot!
Friday: Breakfast in a Bun. This will be an experiment so hopefully it’ll turn out well! We’re going to scramble eggs and cook some bacon, and then take biscuit dough and press it into muffin tin cups. We’ll scoop some eggs and bacon into each biscuit, then bake for a little while, top with cheese, and pop them back in the oven for the cheese to melt. I think we’re also going to make hash browns to go with them. Have I mentioned we love having breakfast for dinner?
Saturday: We never had the buffalo chicken tenders last week, so we’ll do those. I’m not sure what veggies we’ll have with them yet – maybe I’ll do celery and carrots like you’d get at a wings place.