We made two trips to Lowe’s this weekend, which can only mean one thing – a home reno project is right around the corner! Our master bath is sitting empty right now after being stripped down to nothing, and I’m really excited about fixing it back up again. I’ll be taking photos along the way and will post before and after shots once we’re done – we’re painting the walls, putting up wainscoting, tiling the floor, and putting in a new vanity, toilet & light fixture. I’m really glad Brian knows how to do so much. My contribution is just shopping, painting, and moral support.
This week I’ve got a new wrap recipe to share, courtesy of Frances – thanks for sharing, Frances! If you’ve got any recipes you think I ought to try, share them in the comments below. If you’ve got a blog, I’ll link to you along with posting your recipe.
Monday: Leftovers – Brian and I had a date out to Chili’s (which you’ll hear more about later… there’s a giveaway involved!) and we had enough food left over for us to have dinner. I’ll make some chicken, veggies and mac & cheese for the boys.
Tuesday: Chick Fil A family night.
Wednesday: Chicken teriyaki with veggies and brown rice
Thursday: Frances’ Chicken Wraps:
- 4 fillet chicken breasts that are then cut into strips (all the ingredients are to your liking)
- Garlic powder (can use finely minced fresh garlic too)
- lemon juice (I usually use approx. 5-6 tbls … I like to use fresh squeezed)
- dried basil
- oil (Frances suggests approx. 1 cup, but you can adjust the amount if you’d like – I may add a little at a time until It seems like enough)
- diced tomatoes
- green onion (can use yellow onion)
- fresh parsley (can use dry)
- Dressing for salad: in a cup mix equal parts of fresh squeezed lemon juice & olive oil (or you can use vinaigrette dressing)
- Tortilla (or even a pita pocket!)
- Shredded pepper jack & mozzarella
- Mix chicken, garlic powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice, basil, and oil in a large bowl let marinate at least 30 minutes in fridge
- Saute above ingredients in a fry pan (you can add or substitute some butter if you like that flavor better than the oil)
- Mix the oil/lemon juice or dressing with the salad, and add salt & pepper to taste. Let marinate in the fridge to let the flavors meld.
- Sprinkle cheeses on tortilla and place in oven or toaster oven to melt it.
- Place chicken on 1/2 of the tortilla, then top with baby greens and the tomato/cucumber salad. Roll it up, cut, & enjoy!
If you haven’t checked them out yet, I hope you’ll take a minute and see the giveaways I have going on right now – there are great items, and I’m excited to have some more really good giveaways to share with y’all this week. I’ll also be starting back up with the Photo & Prompt posts, which I’ve had a lot of fun with so far!
Hope you all have a wonderful week – don’t forget, if you have any recipes I should try share them in the comments!