Today I’m participating in something new from It’s Gravy, Baby! The idea is that every day in March, participants share a photo and write from a provided prompt. I’m not promising I’ll stick to it every day, but I’ll try – I like the idea of having something to inspire a post, and to sometimes force me to write/share outside of my comfort zone a little bit.
Today’s Challenge: A photo of yourself with 10 facts
- I hate having my photo taken. I would MUCH rather be behind the camera, taking photos of my two boys or my miniature dachshund.
- I’m married to my high school sweetheart, who, in high school, regularly dyed his hair completely unnatural colors (I think he had it green for the longest period of time). I, on the other hand, worked at the Gap. Somehow we found middle ground :) and we make a great team.
- I knew Brian was “the one” and wrote him a letter to read on our wedding day four years before we actually got married. I hung on to it even through a brief 4-month break-up, and loved giving it to him to read that day.
- I’m a Christian and my faith is a central part of my life, especially in raising our boys. I believe in sharing my faith largely by how I live and how I treat others.
- I was born and raised in Texas, but am not a “Western” girl at all. I’ve ridden a horse a handful of times, but I think it was as novel to me as it’d be to someone from NY! I do not own a pair of cowboy boots, and never have. I loved growing up here, though, and love living here now with our kids.
- I am scared of flying, and have been for years. I haven’t flown in over 10 years, but want to fly somewhere with my family soon because a) I know the boys will love it and b) I don’t want this fear to hold us back from having great experiences, or spread to the boys. I’m also scared of elevators. I ride in them, but my heart races every. single. time. Even if it’s just from floor 1 to floor 2.
- I LOVE to cook. LOVE it. I’m really glad Brian loves it too, because it’s a lot of fun to do together.
- I’m kind of a picky eater, though. I don’t like any seafood that I’ve tried, and don’t like many veggies, either… although I’m getting better about trying and liking new things!
- Prior to having my kids I wanted a girl. Would’ve been happy with either, but I thought that’s what I was suited for. Now that I have my boys it feels like a perfect fit and I love being a mom to boys!
- I was at my first job for seven years, and just made the switch to a new job this past summer. It was more than a little nerve wracking to make such a big life change, but it has most definitely been the right decision for me and for our family. Now I’m a designer and get paid to be creative. :)
If you have a “10 facts” post about yourself, please leave a link in the comments. I’d love to read it!
how fun. too would much rather take the pictues than be in them although I realized last Christmas when I was putting together a photo book I didn’t have on picture with me in it. That was Sad. :( how will my kids remember me when I’m gone.
Great post. I love personal posts like this. thanks for sharing.
I try to let Brian take a couple of photos of me here and there – and I don’t mind photos as much if the boys are in them with me!
Here’s my post: http://aarader.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-is-from-my-friends-blog-frugal.html. By the way, I think your picture looks great!
Thanks! I loved your post – there were a couple of facts on there I didn’t know about you!
I am afraid of elevators, too. I used to work on the 36th floor of a building, and every time I got in the elevator, the image of the elevator scene in The Terminator flashed through my head. Crazy, yes, but I couldn’t help it.
I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one that is scared of elevators! My fear is of getting stuck, even though that has NEVER happened to me before. My husband’s office is on the top floor of his building, so that helped me get over it a little bit (even though I still hold my breath a little every time I go visit him).
Like you, I hate having my picture taken.
I don’t like to cook. I always say that my husband is the Betty Crocker of the family while I’m the suzy Homemaker.
I’m going to be flying for the first time next Monday….by myself. I’m anxious and excited both.
That’s so exciting, Terra! I bet you’ll love it. My fear of flying is more about not being able to just get off whenever I want. Everyone else I know just loves it!
I can not imagine staying at one job for 7 years! I think 2 has been my max. I’m a job hopper!
I never thought I’d be there that long when I started, for sure!
[…] flown many times in the past, and plan to again in the future (I’ve written about that in my “10 Things About Me” post – it’s #6 on my list). Brian has tried to take the intellectual route and explain how […]