I’ve always been one that likes the thrill of the hunt while shopping (maybe ’cause this is as close to hunting as I ever want to be?) – especially when I’m looking for a good deal. Growing up, I always knew that T.J. Maxx and Marshalls were two stores that I could go to and find a bargain. Off-price retailers like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls provide a value of 20-60 percent savings on designer brands that are on-trend and in-season. Shopping at off-price retailers is perfect for passionate people who love the excitement of the hunt & of knowing that you got it for a great price. In fact, each store receives up to 10,000 new items each week!
I’ve got some fun tips from T.J. Maxx & Marshalls to help you with your shopping this summer:
In a recent Facebook survey, they learned that more than 800 out of nearly 2,000 consumers voted footwear (sandals with hot pink toenails, specifically) as their favorite summer fashion accessory. This summer’s footwear trends are as hot as the weather, and T.J.Maxx and Marshalls have all the top styles from your favorite designers – at amazing values. And don’t forget to complete your look with accessories from head to toe! Below you’ll find our best tips for polishing your summer look with all the finishing touches.
Step It Up
- Whether you’re headed to the neighborhood pool party or a fancy nighttime soiree, this season you’ll find footwear in a number colors and prints that will fit in at any summer scene. Look for colorful palettes featuring corals, tribal prints and floral details. The really daring can take a walk
on the wild side with animal and snakeskin prints. Espadrilles, flip-flops and ballet flats continue to be a summer staple and always look great paired
with an maxi dress or sundress.
- For those who spend time on the water (or like to pretend they do!), boat shoes in all colors – from neutrals to vibrant brights and metallics – make a bold statement whether you’re setting sail or staying put.
- Cork continues to make a pop beyond your favorite bottle of wine – think cork flats and wedges to
mix and match with any style.
Accessories: One Size Fits ALL
- From head-to-toe, get decked-out in big, bold bangles in combinations of different materials like wood, metal and plastic. Try them in bright colors or in animal prints, which work for any summertime occasion.
- Tribal earrings, necklaces with beading, and skinny belts with geometric closures add exotic influences to summer excursions.
- Keep the sun out of your eyes (and look good doing it) with 70s-inspired sunglasses. From aviators to oversize lenses, these looks are sizzlin’ hot in both bright-colored and tortoise shell frames.
- Make a splash with handbags in a variety of looks and fabrics including leather or vinyl with laser cuts, printed or solid fabric, nylon and straw materials. When you need to leave the bulk behind and focus on the essentials, pick up a clutch which works for either day or night.
Explore the aisles often! Each T.J.Maxx and Marshalls store receives up to 10,000 new items each week – that’s a lot of potential shoes and accessories to find! Plus, with more than 1,700 stores combined and thousands of vendors in over 60 countries, T.J.Maxx and Marshalls are able to take advantage of their buying power and offer customers the same designer looks that specialty retailers have right now at up to 60 percent less.
I got to experience T.J. Maxx’s bargains on a recent trip to Austin. With a gift card in hand for my review, I was determined to find a great deal on something I loved… and I definitely succeeded!
Before settling in on figuring out what to get, I walked around the store a little bit to get a feel for what all they had in stock at the time.
Bags and towels perfect for hitting up the beach:
Laptop bags to add some flair to your workplace look:
Pretty, feminine clothes you could wear to work, out to lunch with friends, on a date or just out and about:
Fun sandals to show off your pedicure:
And all at reduced prices! I eventually worked my way over to the jewelry counter and noticed some watches (I tend to gravitate toward watches like some women do toward purses. Partially because I always forget to replace watch batteries – whoops). I particularly noticed several Skagen watches, which is a brand from Denmark that is pretty pricey. I found a great deal on a watch I really like that I can wear with pretty much anything!
Check out the price – originally priced at $85, and it was selling at T.J. Maxx for$49.99.
It was an additional $10 off, making it only $39.00. When I got home I did some researching online and this is by far the lowest price on the watch I could find. I’m really excited about my find!
If you’ve got a T.J. Maxx or Marshalls near you, you ought to stop by and see what’s inside – you never know what you’ll find! Here are some tips they shared with me for shopping their stores:
1. Look carefully at the “compare at” value on the price tags. What constitutes a bargain? It’s the mix of the right fashion, a respected brand name, high quality, and a great price.
2. Shop often. Marshalls and T.J. Maxx receive more than 10,000 new items each week.
3. Get to know your store’s layout. Everyone has their favorite section, whether it’s the jewelry counter or Marshalls Shoe MegaShop.
4. Befriend your store manager. Get to know your store manager and they’ll be able to give you the inside scoop on when new shipments arrive so you can grab your favorite brands as soon as they hit the floor.
5. Where to start: Try shopping the displays at the front of the store before easing into the racks. Merchandise in this area is organized by style and designer on four-sided clothing racks.
6. Look for purple tags. Found on all types of clothing and accessories, these tags indicate a piece of elite designer merchandise normally found at upscale department stores.
7. Scan the single queue. Don’t forget to look for last-minute gifts in the checkout line. The “single queue” checkout line is often full of unique items that can make great gifts!
8. Don’t pass up a really good bargain. Our stores receive limited quantities of each item, so merchandise can sell out very quickly. If you change your mind, the stores have very liberal return policies.
What’s the best find you’ve gotten at Marshalls or T.J. Maxx?
Note: I received a gift card to T.J. Maxx to facilitate my review, along with tips to share. All opinions in this post are honest and are my own.
I could live in TJ MAxx if I have the big wallet. My daughter and I go there every weekend and spend hours. We always find something really great for a really great price. I loved what you picked up, great job!
Tip 4 is a great idea! I have both a TJ Maxx and a Marshall’s within easy driving distance of my house and I love to go there for myself (clothes) and the kids (clothes, toys, and shoes), but I never know when they restock certain departments and I hate towing the kids down there just to discover some sparse children’s clothing racks.
Nice flurry of pop-up ads. Thanks for that, hope you made your $.02 off me.
Don’t bother replying, I won’t be back.
I don’t manage the ads individually, but rather work with a third-party provider. I was unaware that readers got a “flurry of pop-up ads” when they visited my site. Thanks for letting me know, I will go check with my ad provider to resolve the problem. I’m sorry that this one experience has turned you away from my site entirely.