WordPress database error: [Table './quadium_wrdp27/wp_postmeta' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (6296,6299,6288,6290,6295,6298,6291,6297,6294,6292,6289) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
If you’ve got kids who don’t want to eat their veggies (or, let’s be honest, you don’t really like eating them yourself) then you’ll love this great way to sneak some veggies in with a tasty treat. Giada de Laurentis has whipped up a recipe for carrot & zucchini muffins that blends together deliciously sweet veggies, raisins and cinnamon for a calorie-conscious muffin recipe. Great for breakfast or a quick snack in between meals, these little muffins have big bite. And for those still seeking an extra dose of sweetness, spread on the soft cream cheese and honey frosting.
For the muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup grated carrots (from 1 medium peeled carrot)
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini (from 1 medium unpeeled zucchini)
- 1/2 cup raisins
For the frosting (optional)
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 24 mini muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sieve together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add any solids leftover in the sieve to the bowl and mix in.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup and egg.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well until combined. Mix in the carrot, zucchini and raisins.
4. Using 2 small spoons, fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter and bake for 15 minutes until light golden. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool, about 30 minutes.
5. Frosting: In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth. Spread the cooled muffins with frosting and serve.
Shared with permission from A Bullseye View & Target. A Bullseye View is an online magazine, updated regularly to bring Target to life. It is a behind-the-scenes look at Target’s most exciting partnerships, initiatives, events and innovations.