I’m in the midst of training for my first “real” 5K (more on that later), and am on a quest to get in better shape, so I thought this info from author Jorge Cruise was fitting to share!
JORGE CRUISE is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of over 15 weight loss books. His mission is to guarantee weight loss for busy people. Science has proven that fitness begins in the kitchen, not in the gym. By merging breakthrough dietary science with great taste he produces delicious fat melting menus. He has appeared on numerous television shows like Anderson Cooper, The Today Show, Dr OZ, The Rachael Ray Show, Good Morning America, The View, The Talk, LIVE with Kelly and Michael.
Top 5 Foods to Avoid
For anybody trying to lose weight out there, we have all heard the mantra’s of eating less or exercising more, but the new dietary science confirms that all we need to count is Sugar Calories for Extra Easy Weight Loss. I am about to show you 5 foods that you may think are healthy, but are actually spiked with Hidden Sugar Calories!!
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Sweet Potato
- Brown Rice
Top 5 Indulgences to Include
For anybody trying to lose weight out there, we have all heard the mantra’s of eating less or exercising more, but the new dietary science confirms that all we need to count is Sugar Calories for Extra Easy Weight Loss. I am about to show you 5 foods that you should indulge in!!
- Jorges Chocolate Lace Cookie
I’m also getting to share one of his recipes with you – Jorge’s Chocolate Lace Cookies! This recipe is for 24 cookies:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2/3 cup xylitol
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond flour (about 1/2 cup almonds ground in a coffee grinder)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup stevia sweetened whey protein powder
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 4 oz dark chocolate (85% or great), chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat together butter, xylitol, and vanilla extract until ight and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, whey powder, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. STir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Stir in chopped walnuts and chocolate until combined.
- Spoon heaping teaspons of batter 2″ apart on prepared baking sheet. Place in freezer for 5 min. Remove and bake for 9-10 min. Cookies will be lacy and spread during baking. Cool cookies completely on baking sheet.
- Store in airtight container. Cookies crumble when exposed to air.
For more on Jorge’s current methods, please visit http://jorgecruise.com/
For more about Jorge, please visit http://jorgecruise.com/
For more information about Jorge’s books, please visit http://jorgecruise.com/
I really appreciate your blog. Keep rocking. Be blessed with good health and long life.