WordPress database error: [Table './quadium_wrdp27/wp_postmeta' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (9473,9474) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders (or about 1 cup once cooked and diced)
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce (we used Jack Daniels because we already had it on hand, but any kind will do – use your favorite!)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 package pizza dough (we used Pillsbury because we were in a little bit of a rush, but next time I’ll make my own dough)
- 3/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a medium skillet, saute the chicken in the olive oil until browned and cooked through. Once it’s cooked, remove from heat and chop.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce; set aside.
- On a floured cookie sheet or pizza pan, roll your pizza dough out. Use the remainder of the BBQ sauce to spread evenly across the dough.
- Add the Gouda, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese; then add the chicken and onions.One note: I don’t like crunchy onions, so I sauteed some in a separate skillet to put on my half of the pizza, and then put raw onions on Brian’s half. This worked out really well for us!
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is browned and the cheese is bubbly. Mine actually took a little less time than that, I think because I used a thin crust dough.
- Once you’ve removed the pizza from the oven, top with chopped cilantro and slice the pizza to serve. Enjoy!
Spinach, Onion, and Blue Cheese Pizza
Recipe courtesy of my friend Alexis
- Pizza crust
- 2 large or 3 medium onions, sliced into rings
- Fresh spinach
- 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic
- Soy sauce
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Onions: Sprinkle with salt. Place in frying pan over medium heat in about 2 TBSP oil & cook until bottoms start to brown, then start stirring. Add about 1-2 tsp sugar. Stir and cook until caramelized. Set aside.
- Spinach: Remove stems. In sautee pan, heat about 2TBSP olive oil. Add 4-5 cloves choppped garlic; when garlic starts to soften, add spinach and toss. Drizzle with a little soy sauce (just a touch), let spinach soften, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Assembly: Make crust per package instructions (I like to roll it out on a little cornmeal). Layer with onions, spinach, and then sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese. Cook about 6-8 minutes (per package instructions) HINT: if you heat the cookie sheet or whatever you are baking the pizza on in the oven while it is preheating, it helps the crust stay crisper!
We’re always on the lookout for new pizza recipes, and sometime I want to have friends over for a pizza night. We’d make the recipes I shared with you, plus a great appetizer pizza – Spread crescent roll dough out flat on a cookie sheet and bake according to directions, then top with cream cheese and chopped raw veggies (I like broccoli and carrots, personally). Now I just need to get a dessert pizza added to my repertoire and I’ll be all set!