If you saw my White Chocolate & Cranberry Cobbler Bars recipe post from yesterday, you know that I promised you another great recipe today – and a giveaway, too. Well, I’m here to deliver. These Chewy Chocolate Marshmallow Chex Bars are easy to make and are a nice twist on the typical marshmallow cereal bar. And stay tuned at the end of this post for the giveaway details!
These bars are something I’ve been making for years. In fact, I can distinctly remember having a really stressful week my sophomore year in college and making these bars to treat myself. My kids love chocolate and marshmallows, so I thought these would be a fun treat to make for us all to enjoy. These are great for sending in school lunches, too.
Chewy Chocolate Marshmallow Chex Bars
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanila
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal (about 1 regular-sized box)
- Grease your 9×13″ pan with vegetable oil or butter. Set aside 1 cup of the marshmallows and 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips. In a large saucepan (and I mean large – you will be mixing everything together, including the 8 cups of cereal, in this pot), melt the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and 4 1/2 cups of the marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour half of the Rice Chex cereal into saucepan. Stir until coated with the melted chocolate mixture, then add the other half of the cereal and repeat. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the 9×13″ pan, then gently press to make sure it is evenly distributed. Cool until firm, then cut into squares.
You can find all the ingredients for this recipe at WinCo, along with great deals on food. And in honor of WinCo and their #WinCoCheer mindset, I’m getting to host a really fun giveaway. You’ll get $10 via PayPal toward recipe ingredients, and I’m throwing in a glass baking dish too so you can make either today or yesterday’s recipe (or both)!
I love to make chocolate peanut butter fudge for the holidays!
Cookie Butter Cheesecake Recipe
For Thanksgiving my fave is Pumpkin Cheesecake and my Aunt’s sweet potato casserole. At Christmas I love to make Cracker Candy and cake mix cookies.
That chewy chocolate marshmallow chex bars looks like it would satisfy my sweet tooth. Yum!
My favorite holiday recipe is Cinnamon Chip oatmeal cookies.
put the wrong thing in the tweet box. thank you
favorite is sweet potato pie.
The Cookie Butter Cheesecake is the recipe I will make.
I like the peanut butter chocolate truffles!
One of my favorite recipes is for our homemade snickerdoodle cookies.