Hi everyone! It’s the first weekend in February, which seems unreal to me – 2016 is already off to a fast start! If you’re still looking for a fun Valentine’s cookie recipe, don’t miss my chocolate & sprinkle coated shortbread cookies I shared a couple of weeks ago. They’re perfect for kids’ parties!
Of course, with it being February I’m also thinking a lot about spring, and so this week for Mini Chef Monday I’m re-sharing a recipe that’s perfect for this time of year – plus it lets you sneak veggies in for your kiddos (my carrot-hating son even ate these cookies) – just don’t tell them what they’re called!
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 (heaping) cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch cloves
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer, cream together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla on medium speed until well-blended and fluffy.
- Add in carrots, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add flour a little at a time, allowing each bit to incorporate before adding more.
- Stir in rolled oats and raisins.
- Place tablespoon-sized mounds of dough on a cookie sheet (12 to a sheet). Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are slightly browned on bottom – they won’t look very brown on top. Press each cookie down with a spatula to flatten it. Let cool, and serve. You can top these with a cream cheese frosting, but they’re delicious on their own!
As always, I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils // Courtney’s Sweets
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Banana Sundae Bites for Valentine’s Day // Baby Loving Mama
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe // We’re Parents
- Strawberry Nutella Sandwich Recipe // Eating Richly
- Jumbo Sugar Cookie for Valentine’s Day // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- The Best Darn Chili in 2nd Grade // Step Stool Chef
- Lemon Squares with Shortbread Crust // Vegging at the Shore
- Kid-Approved Meatloaf // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Healthy Edible Snowman Food Craft // O’Boy! Organic
- Fruit Sushi // Can’t Google Everything
These look really good, I am a big fan of carrot cake. I bet I could even make these with whole wheat! Pinning for my to-do list :)
Wow..i love the oats in there..and lots of those plump raisins. I made a carrot cake earlier this year and it was such a big effort – these look much more doable, quicker way to a carrot cake fix! :)