You typically only see gift idea posts around the holidays, but I got to thinking that this year I want to really make smart gift choices for the loved ones in my life. This means I want to both spend efficiently and find unique gifts that really fit the recipients.
I thought it would be helpful to share five gift ideas for men – this could come in handy for birthdays, for Valentine’s Day, for Father’s Day, and of course for Christmas, too!
- Fishing Gear – I will fully admit that this is not the first gift I would think of, because I really have no experience with fishing. Brian’s stepdad, though, loves to fish, and he can spend hours looking through gear. You can do a really great themed gift with a tackle box, bait, and other must-haves for fishermen. You can find great deals at Cabelas, for instance, at sites like Retale.
- Movie Tickets – I’ve thought about buying my husband a pack of gift cards for the movies before. There are plenty of movies that come out that I just have no interest in seeing (I’ll be honest, 90% of those are sci-fi films), and he has no problem going on his own to see them, or meeting up with a friend. You can create a fun basket with tickets/gift cards, candy, and more.
- A subscription to a(n) “_______” of the month club – there are a ton of these out there for virtually every interest and hobby you can think of – or even help him be more stylish with some new duds. Did you know that Stitch Fix now has a men’s option? This is a fun idea because then it’s a gift that keeps on giving throughout the year.
- A “favorite things” day – Think about what the recipient’s favorite things are. What’s his favorite restaurant? What’s his favorite hobby? Make certificates or an itinerary for the day and do all his favorite things with him. This is a double win because you get quality time together and he gets to do what he loves.
- Something from his childhood – this requires a little bit of research, but it can be a really great thing! I knew Brian had really wanted a specific toy from Star Trek when he was a child, so I hunted it down on eBay and surprised him with it for Christmas a couple of years ago. He loved it. And I know first-hand how awesome it is to receive a gift you’ve always wanted, because when we were dating Brian got me an Easy Bake Oven that I’d always wanted. Any gift that you put a lot of thought into will be extra-special.
I hope these ideas help you in your hunt for the perfect gift!