Today I’m participating in something new from It’s Gravy, Baby! The idea is that every day in March, participants share a photo and write from a provided prompt. I’m not promising I’ll stick to it every day, but I’ll try – I like the idea of having something to inspire a post, and to sometimes force me to write/share outside of my comfort zone a little bit.
Today’s Challenge: A photo of yourself with 10 facts
- I hate having my photo taken. I would MUCH rather be behind the camera, taking photos of my two boys or my miniature dachshund.
- I’m married to my high school sweetheart, who, in high school, regularly dyed his hair completely unnatural colors (I think he had it green for the longest period of time). I, on the other hand, worked at the Gap. Somehow we found middle ground :) and we make a great team.
- I knew Brian was “the one” and wrote him a letter to read on our wedding day four years before we actually got married. I hung on to it even through a brief 4-month break-up, and loved giving it to him to read that day.
- I’m a Christian and my faith is a central part of my life, especially in raising our boys. I believe in sharing my faith largely by how I live and how I treat others.
- I was born and raised in Texas, but am not a “Western” girl at all. I’ve ridden a horse a handful of times, but I think it was as novel to me as it’d be to someone from NY! I do not own a pair of cowboy boots, and never have. I loved growing up here, though, and love living here now with our kids.
- I am scared of flying, and have been for years. I haven’t flown in over 10 years, but want to fly somewhere with my family soon because a) I know the boys will love it and b) I don’t want this fear to hold us back from having great experiences, or spread to the boys. I’m also scared of elevators. I ride in them, but my heart races every. single. time. Even if it’s just from floor 1 to floor 2.
- I LOVE to cook. LOVE it. I’m really glad Brian loves it too, because it’s a lot of fun to do together.
- I’m kind of a picky eater, though. I don’t like any seafood that I’ve tried, and don’t like many veggies, either… although I’m getting better about trying and liking new things!
- Prior to having my kids I wanted a girl. Would’ve been happy with either, but I thought that’s what I was suited for. Now that I have my boys it feels like a perfect fit and I love being a mom to boys!
- I was at my first job for seven years, and just made the switch to a new job this past summer. It was more than a little nerve wracking to make such a big life change, but it has most definitely been the right decision for me and for our family. Now I’m a designer and get paid to be creative. :)
If you have a “10 facts” post about yourself, please leave a link in the comments. I’d love to read it!