Living in Texas, our electric bills for cooling in the summer can be astronomically high. I've always been interested in solar panels to save money on our utilities, but I've discovered yet another benefit to solar panels – rebates that can save you even more money.
Home Solar Panels are becoming more and more common as people catch on to how great they are for the environment and for costs. But did you know that the government often offers rebates as incentive for people to install the panels and produce clean energy?
Here are a few tips you might want to know:
- Depending on the number and quality of panels you install, you can get up to thousands in rebates.
- The government's program to provide incentives helps to make solar panels economical right off the bat.
- Amounts of rebates vary from state to state, anywhere from 10%-50%. Be sure and check out your state's policies to find out how much you could receive.
- Rules and regulations surrounding solar panels also vary from state to state, so be sure you're informed before you move forward with purchase and installation.
- The purpose of solar panels are to help you produce more clean energy, not to become energy independent, but you can save money. On some days you'll get a surplus of energy (sunny days in the summer, for example) and you'll be paid out for this surplus, effectively reducing your electric bill.
Have you looked into using solar panels on your home? I hope one day it will be a standard feature so we can all help contribute to producing clean energy!