I’d like to think of myself as a pretty low-maintenance person. Don’t get me wrong, I like and appreciate nice things, and I have fun shopping (boy do I ever!) but in my day-to-day life it doesn’t take much for me to be happy. Here are a few things that make that list:
• The boys piled in our bed on a Saturday morning – moments like this are what I dreamed about when I was pregnant with J. There just really isn’t a better way to start the day.
• Fresh squeezed orange juice – I don’t have it often and it feels like a treat when I do. And it’s SO much better than anything out of a bottle.
• Coconut Lime Verbena lotion from Bath & Body Works – This has been my favorite scent of theirs since it was introduced. It just screams summer to me, and makes me feel instantly refreshed.
• Cool, crisp, freshly washed sheets and pillow cases – Our mattress is WONDERFUL. I mean, I love this bed, and anytime we are away from home it is so nice to get back and sleep in our bed again. Pairing that with fresh linens makes me feel like I’m slipping into bed at a decadent hotel… until I remember the dishes in the kitchen that need to be done the next morning. But still.
• Ceiling fans – I live in Texas, as I’ve mentioned before, and it gets HOT. If we don’t want our electric bill to be insane, we have to rely on fans to help cool the house. I don’t think fans are the prettiest things ever – at least the ones we have – but I sure wouldn’t do without them! I especially love having the fan on in our room at night. Brian, on the other hand, freezes each night. But I love it!
So, there you have it. Five things (well, I guess #1 isn’t technically a “thing” but it still counts!) I love. Hmmm… now I’m craving orange juice! And a nap.