I wrote yesterday about Target’s Earth Month celebration – well, when I got home from work I had a bamboo bowl from Target waiting for me to review! This bowl is just one of the eco-friendly products Target is featuring for Earth Month.
I love bamboo products because they’re not only eco-friendly – they’re beautiful! I absolutely adore this bowl. I can imagine using it for salad or as a bread bowl, or even to serve as a centerpiece filled with fruit, etc. It retails for $17.00 at Target, and when you purchase it you can feel good knowing you’re buying something made from a sustainable material.
Here are some of the other product offerings that Target is featuring this month to help celebrate the Earth Month, along with the bamboo bowl. You can find these in-store or at their online EcoBoutique:
- Clorox Greenworks Cleaning Products • Starting at $2.49 • Made from 95% naturally-derived ingredients and never tested on animals, these products clean just as well as traditional cleaners. Available at Target stores and online
- Tom’s of Maine Peppermint Toothpaste • $3.89 • Recyclable carton, free of artificial colors, flavors and preservatives- also clinically proven to whiten teeth! Available at Target stores and online
- Coca-Cola Desani Plantbottle • $3.99 (24-pack) • PlantBottle ™ packaging contains up to 30% plant-based materials and are 100%-recyclable. Available at Target stores and online
- Proctor & Gamble – Tide Cold Water Free and Tide Coldwater • $10.99 • Switch to cold water and save up to 80% of energy* in every load. Tide Coldwater is specially formulated to clean in cold water. *By switching from warm/cold to cold/cold for all loads in a standard top-loading machine with an electric water heater set at 140º. Available at Target stores and online
- General Electric Smart CFLs • $4.32-$6.00 • These “smart” bulbs turn bright as soon as you flip the switch, and can save up to 75% more energy, compared to standard incandescent. Available at Target stores and online
- Bamboo bowl • $17.00 • Bamboo is not only a fast-growing renewable resource, it’s a stylish accessory for the kitchen or dining room. Available at Target stores and online
Note: I received a bamboo bowl from Target for review. I was not compensated monetarily for this post. Any opinions are honest and are my own.
I lurve Target – and am so glad to see them offering ec0-options not just for Earth Month but other times of the year too :)